Million Wealth Enterprise Limited
Million Wealth Enterprise Limited ("Million Wealth") has been established in 2008 and purchased a piece of land in Sheung Wan for hotel development in mid 2009. To cope with the Group's green vision set up in 2005, Million Wealth decided to construct a green hotel and make a difference in sustainable development.
The hotel development, named Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong SoHo, was completed in 2012 and the InterContinental Hotels Group has been appointed to manage and operate the Hotel.
Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong SoHo is located at 83 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan with 274 guest rooms and it is the flagship of Green Building initiated by the Group with a number of innovative ideas on green products and solutions. As at December 2013, the Hotel is the world's first high rise building achieved four platinum or equivalent of green awards.
In addition, the following awards have also been awarded to the hotel:
- Merit Award of Green Building Award 2012 by Hong Kong Green Building Council
- Intelligent Hotel Building (Distinction Rank) of Year 2012 by Asian Institute of Intelligent Buildings
- The 2013 HICAP Sustainable Hotel Award (Sustainable Project Design) by Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific
- Outstanding Hotel Partner Award 2012 under the category of 3 stars hotel by booking.com
- The CIOB (HK) Construction Manager of the Year Awards 2012 ¡V Gold Award ¡V Emil Ngan
The breakthrough of Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong SoHo is a remarkable success of Yau Lee Group and its construction related subsidiaries which demonstrates a holistic Construction Methodology to the industry. Over 120 technical visits by different local and overseas organizations were arranged since opening. This success has further solidified the green vision of Yau Lee Holdings Limited.